Saturday, May 13, 2006

★★★ Peking Chinese Restaurant - Bellevue

Peking is a Chinese restaurant whos owners are Korean of Chinese decent, so hidden in the menu are quite a few authentic Korean dishes. I came here because of the Korean ramen that my Japanese friends in the area recommended. On this day I tried a delicious spicy ramen called 三鮮炒馬麵 (seafood spicy noodle soup).

The Soup - is a spciy, rich seafood broth. It is quite hot, probably probably 3-4 out of 5 stars hot from the Thai restaurant standard. The soup is seasoned with a fine chili powder that gives it the steady heated spiciness.

The Noodles - they claim are hand made, but seem a little to soft for me to believe so. But still, the noodles are on par with the noodles in the area. If the noodles were firmer and curly noodles instead of straight it would match the soup a little better, but that is just my Japanese ramen bias.

The Toppings - are a variety of noodles and some seafood (shrimp, squid and scallops). Everything is once stir-fried before being served on top of the noodle soup. I would prefer if the vegetables were cut a little thinner, the big chunks of onion and green peppers didn't match the overall texture of the noodles. More seafood would've also been nice.

Overall - a decent ramen, though I would prefer other places in the Seattle area when eating 三鮮炒馬麵. Is Peking restaurant's Korean style noodles authentic? I have no way of finding knowing. I will need to bring my Korean friends along to find out.

14150 NE 20TH St. Bellevue, WA 98007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home